Weight-Loss

Saturday, February 8, 2014

I Have Not Fallen Off The Face of the Earth


After a bit of an absence, I am back! I have been hard at work getting food and workouts that I am actually able to stick with lined out, and it seems to be working in my favor. The "Biggest Loser" style challenge group I am in is getting a fresh start on Monday. A new start means a NEW PARTNER. This is all done online, but it is pretty awesome. It has helped me stay on track in the past and I have no doubt it will continue to do so.

I am slowly but surely trying to nix my soda habit...again. I went 8 months without so much as a sip and after just half a can, I couldn't stop drinking the stuff. I've limited myself to one can a day for about the past week and it seems to be going well. My water consumption has also been much higher lately, which is great considering I went from drinking 15-20 eight ounce glasses per day, to drinking right around two...if that. Definitely not a good thing, but something I am slowly overcoming once again. :)

Workouts have been much more regular as of late. I had a big accomplishment recently with my longest workout / highest calorie burn since I purchased my Polar FT4 back in June.  



I am absolutely loving my new Leslie Sansone 5 Mega Miles DVD. It sounds like it would be easy, but believe me...easy it is not. I work up an awesome sweat and the way the video is set up, I can choose to mix and match miles but still get the warm-up and cool down segments without spending forever fast forwarding. It is cheap on amazon and if you're just starting out or looking for a bit of a challenge without plyometrics to add to your library, it has my vote.

I also have found myself throwing TurboFire HIIT workouts in every now and then. I like the way they make me feel and how much shorter they are than other workouts when I am in a bit of a time crunch. These workouts keep me from skipping workouts altogether which is ultimately where I begin to fail. So, there will be none of that today. Excuse the sweat and the mess, as the following photo was originally created to post to my 'closed' weight loss group, but it makes me feel good, so I'm sharing anyways. 




On a completely different note, I can't wait until spring...or summer... At this point, either will really work for me. We have received way more snow than normal this year, accompanied by more than our fair share of ice. Now, while I am a child at heart and love the snow, I do not love the ice. Ice means power outages, wrecks, and busting your butt when you walk off the porch. Although it was not I who fell this time, it was the hubby and now he has some pretty gnarly bruises on his back and knees. There is also the fact that people all around us have lost power due to the recent snow and ice storm, and things are just now returning to normal. Bleh. Honestly, I just love the fresh air and the ability to go outside and walk with the sun shining on my face. Dear spring, please hurry.

I hope that each of my readers are successful in their weight loss journeys and that we all may eventually reach the pinnacle of our journeys.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment