Weight-Loss

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cold Weather Problems...

Yesterday was awful. My day started out fairly well...until we were trying to thaw the pipes leading to our kitchen sink. Keep in mind the water to the bathroom and even lines running to the washer (which is on the opposite side of the kitchen) was perfectly fine. We were only missing water to the sink...sure enough when it finally thawed we ended up with a leaky pipe under the house. Oh the joys of cold weather! At this point it was too late for the hubby to go up under the house to assess the damage, so as I type this entry that is where my wonderful and persistent hubby is.

We ended up packing up our dog and heading to my husband's sister and brother-in-law's house to stay the night because we have the water to the entire house turned off right now. I was so upset after all this that I considered throwing my workout to the wind and not even worrying about it...but at 3:00 am, prior to going to bed for the night, I did a Burn 30 workout. I sweated, a lot...and with the sweat I felt some of my frustration leave my body, if only temporarily.

Now today we are back home, and the hubby, as I mentioned before, is under the house assessing the damage. I am trying to stay positive and hoping that the amount of money that will have to be put into fixing the water won't be horrible...but we shall see. If luck has anything to do with it, we might as well just empty our wallets now.

I'll try to post an update later after I do my workout.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Until later,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. It was minus 9 degrees here on Tuesday morning. Our pipes did and so far, no leaks. We were quite relieved. That whole leaky pipes, having to try to fix them in the cold and being without water in the meantime is miserable.

    I hope that by the time you read this, all is well.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Deb! But, the hubby and my dad are diligently working today to get the pipes fixed. It's a little warmer here today than it was yesterday, and a lot warmer than it was the day the pipes froze. I'm hoping that they can get it fixed today.

    Thanks for your kind words and have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete