Weight-Loss

Monday, January 6, 2014

Each Day an Opportunity


When I woke up this morning, I knew today was the day. I spent all evening yesterday visiting with family and helping take care of my nearly two year old nephew who has the flu. When I came home, I came to the realization that I spent all last week either feeling like crap or being lazy. It's that simple. So, I spent all evening pinning health-related items and new meal ideas on Pinterest. So, when I woke up this morning, I knew it was time to hop back on track and not look back. It also helped that my new Leslie Sansone DVD: Walk it Off in 30 Days. This is by far the quickest and toughest Leslie workout I have ever completed. I was sweating before I was even 5 minutes into the workout. 419 calories burned in 33 1/2 minutes. I am ecstatic. Can't wait to see my 30 day results from alternating between this workout and the "Firm 30" disc that is also included.

But, that's not all... I was so excited that I pushed myself to work out today, that while on my endorphin high, I chose to do a 3 mile Leslie Sansone HIIT workout. It got my heart rate up, but I don't feel like it was as tough as the first workout. So...overall... I burned a whopping 1060 calories today for a little over an hour of hard work, sweat, and determination. Water intake was on track today and I only had one can of Diet Pepsi. I had completely kicked the habit previously, but around the holidays I let myself get away from many of the healthier habits I had created, so I am slowly but surely getting back on the right track.

Regardless of what any other person thinks, I believe in myself and even though I've had a pretty crummy two months that could have been spent being healthy and losing more weight, everyone needs a break from the "all healthy, all the time" lifestyle. You have to indulge every now and then, and if you fall down, you have to get back up. That's what I'm doing, getting back up, dusting myself off, and going on my own merry way. There may even be some skipping, who knows?

Now to get some rest and prepare for another stellar day tomorrow...

Until we meet again,
Ashley ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment