Weight-Loss

Monday, January 13, 2014

First Day of a New Semester

After a not-nearly-long-enough Christmas Break, classes resumed for me today. Only this semester and next semester stand between me and graduation. It's not like I'll be done with school, as to pursue my intended career I need to get my Master's anyways...but I will finally be able to say that I have a BA. It seems like the last several days has been one hurdle after the next. Our water is fixed. That's a definite plus. I'm kind of aggravated with the college I am going to right now, as firstly, my advisor transferred to a different department, and the school apparently didn't think enough of me to assign me a new one. This really bums me out not because she transferred, but because I have spent all day emailing professors and other advisors, trying to be placed in a class that I need. Without my advisor...this is impossible. Catch is, I now have to wait to be assigned a new advisor, which doesn't look like it will be happening anytime soon, since even my old advisor can't get an email back about my issues. How frustrating! As if it weren't already frustrating enough that I live 45 minutes away from campus and I am stuck taking classes 5 days a week.

I just feel like anything that could possibly go wrong starting out this semester, has. My textbooks haven't arrived yet either. I ordered them last week when the funds became available, yet here I have started classes and my package has apparently yet to even be shipped. Okay, enough ranting about school and how crummy these last two semesters will likely be.

As far as food goes, I've ate like crap for about 2-3 days now. Last night my poison of choice was a Chicken Deluxe from the local Mexican restaurant. Cheesy, carb-filled goodness. Today while I was at school, I chose to eat Chick-Fil-A and fries. Definitely not what I should have been eating, but there was room in my daily calories for it.

Now on to what I have been doing right. The main thing I see is that I have been drinking a lot of water. I am working on getting back on track to limit my sodium. This is something I struggle with, especially if I'm not making a home cooked meal. I'm opting for salad tonight, maybe with some chicken. Sounds good and much healthier than any alternative I could be thinking of at this time.

I am also getting ready to do my workout, so it is done and out of the way. Today starts my challenge group's 100 days of exercise. We've committed to working out 6 days per week Monday-Saturday, alternating between cardio and strength. I'm pretty excited and think this will help keep me on track and keep me motivated.

Until tomorrow,

3 comments:

  1. Here's my best tip for if you find yourself in a Mexican restaurant: RUN OUT SCREAMING LIKE YOUR HAIR'S ON FIRE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That just might be the best advice I ever heard! Haha.

      Delete
  2. Re: school. The last two semesters of any degree are the hardest, longest, and most agonizing. The last semester is, of course, the worst. So bad, I still remember and its been decades.

    The only thing that kept me from dropping out those last two semester was chanting to myself, "Don't be an idiot; you're almost thru. All you need to do is t just show up."

    Just toughing out those last two semesters felt like more of an accomplishment than completing all six of the semesters before them. ..combined. :}

    As far as registration goes, you'll likely be able to accomplish it tomorrow when you're there in person. A living, breathing person is much harder to ignore than an email. Be polite, look desperate, don't take no for n answer--just ask who else you can talk to in order to complete your registration. And, don't use comma splices. :}

    Hugs.

    Deb---BSW, MA, MSW. :D

    ReplyDelete